Thursday, 20 October 2011

"Beans"


I kind of feel that the game me and Leyla played today needs its own post. She enjoyed it so much and for so long!! And it was so easy!!

This morning, Leyla came over and asked me if we could do a craft. I was trying to think of something we could do that wasn't the standard, same old drawing / colouring that we normally do. Then I remembered that I saw this post on Mess For Less the other day.

I went and got three plastic containers out of the cupboard and filled one of them up with a handful of dried kidney beans and a handful of dried chickpeas. Sat the other two bowls next to it, gave her a spoon and a little ice cube tray. Then I asked her if she wanted to play "Beans". Oh my gosh, she had so much fun with it, I can hardly believe it. Considering it cost me absolutely nothing!

When she first sat down she spent a good while using the spoon to fill up the ice cube trays. Then she started tipping it from one bowl into the next, then into the next. She had lots of fun doing that, in fact, that's what she spent most of her time doing!

When she'd had enough of pouring, she decided it was time to cook them, so we went in to the dining room where her play kitchen is. She put the lid on the plastic container and put it into the oven, asked me to go and time 2 minutes on my oven, then sat and waited for them to be ready. When they were done, she took them out, poured them into a pan and cooked them on the hob for a little while. They obviously hadn't fully cooked in the oven :P

They did get abandoned on the floor in the end but she played with them for a good hour! I'll definitely be doing it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...