Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Canvas Art


Last night, I decided I wanted to make some canvas art :P I had bought some blank canvases from Wilkinson's, a pack of 3 and I wanted to make them into something I could hang in the front room over the couch. This is what I ended up with. Not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. Not even all that good haha. But they are mine and I love them!

To make them, I stuck strips of masking tape over the canvas in a random pattern, then sprayed the whole thing with teal spray paint. To make the heart, I stuck a load of masking tape together on my floor, drew a heart shape on it, then peeled it and cut it out. (I have to tell you, there has GOT to be an easier way of doing this because my way was a nightmare. I nearly gave up so many times lol. I love the effect though!)


I sprayed mine outside with the patio doors open thinking that would be well ventilated enough but it wasn't. My house stunk of it for about an hour and I didn't even do it in the house! Will be doing it further away next time that's for sure! Also, I think I took too long doing the heart and the other masking tape on the first and second one might have lifted a bit as I got quite a bit of bleeding. One side particularly badly. I've faced that side into the corner that people won't see lol. If I do it again, I'll make sure I work quicker :P

15 comments:

Tranae said...

Cute. I like the colors.

Jeanette www.craftyincrosby.com said...

Love it! Especially like the color. Next time try contact paper for the heart? Just a thought.

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Great job. Fun idea to use the tape to create lines. I love the color too. Thanks for joining the link party!

Cheri

MsXpat said...

Gorgeous peace, funky, contemporary and subtle all at the same time.

Clairejustine said...

Love these,Thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :)

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

Really cute! The heart turned out nice, even if it was a pain!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Turned out really cute - especially the heart. I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Love your canvas art! I would love for you to share it at my party at Jillify It Tuesday party!

I'm a new follower!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Becca @ The Sassy Penguin said...

I think it's adorable! Simple is always my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Etcetorize said...

Great idea and the Tiffany blue is lovely. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

Jenny Melrose said...

I love it! It has a great contemporary feel to it. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Polkadot-pretties said...

Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!!
I hope you will stop by tomorrow and link up another great project
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xox

Chrissy Taylor said...

I love the colors! Great work! Would you consider sharing this at my party?
http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2012/04/taylor-house-thursday-3.html

Hani@Craftionary said...

Simple and Unique! Thanks for linking up at friday fun party. :)

Polkadot-pretties said...

Thank you for linking up this fabulous project...
Can’t wait to see what you have been up to this week!!
This weeks linky party is now up !!
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_14.html
Claire x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...