Friday, 6 April 2012

Embroidered Heart Tshirt Tutorial


I actually made this last year for Naomie's birthday but I totally forgot to share it. It was really easy. I made her it to wear with a pair of longies that no longer fit her. Never mind, she wears it with a pair of black leggings now. I actually love this top, it is so cute and was so easy to make! It only took me about an hour from start to finish.

I drew a heart onto a plain white top with a pencil (might I suggest you use a washable marker as I can still faintly see the pencil after tons of washes!) Then I took some black embroidery floss and started stitching short lines, using backstitch, to make my heart. I then took some lime and purple embroidery floss and made alternating lines going across the heart.


My heart is so far from perfect, in fact I don't think I actually have one straight line on this top haha. Oh well, it still looks cute on! It might have helped if I had added stabiliser but I didn't because it was the day before her birthday. As is always the case with me!!

7 comments:

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

This is soooo darling! You made it sound so easy too! I found you at Cheri's blog hop, and am your newest follower, will you follow me back?

Clairejustine said...

You did a great job here :)

Crafty Cousins said...

Super cute! I love all the colors. I'd love for you to link up with Crafty Cousins.

http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-wore-sunday-week-11.html

See you soon!
~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

Angie Ramirez said...

Super CUTE!! :)

Angie from ALI

Polkadot-pretties said...

Thank you for linking up this fabulous project...
Can’t wait to see what you have been up to this week!!
This weeks linky party is now up !!
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_14.html
Claire x

Etcetorize said...

Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize last week! I love this project so much I'm featuring it at tonight's party. I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button and link up again~

Michelle @ Michelles Tasty Creations said...

This is adorable! I followed you over from Sundae Scoop and I would like to invite you to share this, and any other posts, on my link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...