Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Spicy Chicken Pasta Recipe


I made this last week and thought I'd share it since it went down so well in our house! This was one of my "put random things in a pan and hope for the best" meals and I'm happy to say that we all enjoyed it.

First of all, I set some pasta on to boil. Then I diced up 2 boneless chicken thighs and fried them in some olive oil with 1 chopped onion. I added some seasoning - plenty of black pepper, pinch of turmeric, pinch of cayenne and about 1/2tbsp paprika. I let that all fry off for about 10mins then added 6 tomatoes that I had chopped up in the food processor. I let the tomatoes heat through and then added the hot, cooked pasta. I left it for a few minutes on low heat for the pasta to soak up some of the juices. Mmmm, I could really go for some more of this now haha. Yummy!

I love that this only took 20mins from start to finish and it was so tasty! Definitely a new favourite.

12 comments:

Cari and Cortnee @ Two Sasters said...

This looks DELICIOUS!!! My hubby LOVES spicy so I definitely have to try it out!

Patsy said...

I came over via Whimsy Wednesday, and have joined your cute blog! Patsy

Jill said...

Sounds delicious. And we always have pasta on hand!

MJ said...

Hungry now, must try this! ;) Thanx for sharing!

Red Rose said...

That looks so good and fast toO! Found you over at Inspire Me Monday! I feel inspired for some pasta now too and I can't wait to read more.

If you like to read about a little bit of everything please visit:
http://redrosecakesconnection.blogspot.com/

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I love quick and easy recipes! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/04/mix-it-up-monday_08.html

I hope to see you soon:)

Judy Haughton-James said...

I am a fan of chicken, pasta and spicy food so I would certainly enjoy this. Looks so delicious! Thanks for adding it to Creative Monday. Have a good week.

Barbara said...

I love chicken and pasta...this looks great...will so have to try this. Thanks for sharing!!! Following you now. Have a great day!!

Shiloh said...

This looks like such a great fast dinner! Those are some great spices that you included.

Clairejustine said...

Yummy,thanks again for linking up :)

Angie Ramirez said...

OOH! That looks delish!! Love spicy food! :) THanks for sharing!

Polkadot-pretties said...

Thank you for linking up this fabulous project...
Can’t wait to see what you have been up to this week!!
This weeks linky party is now up !!
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_14.html
Claire x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...