Thursday, 17 May 2012

Tshirt into Shrug Refashion


I was looking for a nice easy refashion to do tonight and I happened to come across this tutorial at Cut Out and Keep. How cute does that look? And easy!

I decided to make my very own out of a long sleeved, black v-neck tshirt I had in the wardrobe. I hadn't worn it for months and I figured it'd be much cuter as a little black shrug anyways ;)


I didn't cut my tshirt straight down the middle. I cut off the neckline then made a curve from one side of the neckline, ending right in the bottom middle of my tshirt. I thought it would help my casing lay nicer. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist and if it hadn't ended up perfect, I would not have worn it!

I folded over the raw edge and, using a straight stitch and then a zigzag stitch, I stitched down 3/4" for my casing. I added some thin ribbon, ruched it all up, tied it in a nice bow and it was done! Wow. I think I'm going to be making all of my long sleeved tshirts into little shrugs ;)


So cute!

I'm linking here:



I Heart Nap Time BWS tips button sew many ways Sumo's Sweet Stuff Sew Chatty Keeping It Simple handmade projects BWS tips button  Whipperberry The Shabby Nest Lovely Crafty Home One Artsy Mama


10 comments:

Natalie said...

Oooh I likey.... Awesome Adele xx Nat

Magda E. said...

such a great idea... I might try it!!!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Love this idea! Turned out great!!

<3 Christina
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
Wildly Original Round Up linky party is open!

Bat Ma'am said...

CUTE!!!! I gotta try it! Also over the red hair, what a gorgeous color :)

Bat Ma'am said...

CUTE!!!! I gotta try it! Also over the red hair, what a gorgeous color :)

Bat Ma'am said...

CUTE!!!! I gotta try it! Also over the red hair, what a gorgeous color :)

Kristina said...

I might have to try that! I have a shirt that I was trying to decide if I wanted to get rid of it, use it for scrap or fix it back to its original. Maybe I'll do this instead.

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

I love this!! And it looks great on you!

Kristy R said...

Too cute! Jumping over from C.R,A.F.T!
Now following (;

Cheryl @ Sew Can Do said...

Really cute - this is on my to-do list. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...