Friday, 1 June 2012

XL Tshirt to Cute Halter Refashion


I recently took part in the Ricochet and Away "I Will Wear it in Public" Sewing Challenge. It was great and I LOVED seeing all the pretty things that everyone made. I was really impressed with everyone's efforts!


For this challenge, I decided to tackle something I had never dared try before: a top for me! Eek! 

I have made shorts for myself and I have cut jeans off and stuff like that but making a top for me was a scary idea. I love making things for my kids normally and that is pretty easy since they are just rectangles and it is easy to sew for rectangles :P 

I knew I would have to make this top tight if I had any hope of making it / feeling comfortable in it so that's where I started. I didn't know whether I would make a tshirt or a cutey top so I thought on it for a while and in the end decided to make a halter top. I had seen them around on Pintrest and always thought they looked really cute with the gathered neck.

I think it turned out really cute! I wore mine out clubbing for my friend's 21st birthday and I think I looked pretty good if I say so myself. I am definitely going to be turning more tshirts into cute halter tops :)


I decided to sew on two little loops at the back so, if I wanted to, I could wear it as a crossover top. I think wearing it this way also looks awesome! 

If you could take a minute and go and vote for me here, I would very much appreciate it :)

Thank you Rikka for letting me join in this challenge. I have had a mint time!



I'm linking here:

 Lil\'Luna   

6 comments:

Ricochet said...

Very mint indeed! Congrats on meeting your challenge!

Pam said...

Congrats on making your first top for yourself, Adele!!! It's a cute top, especially with the gathered neckline!!! Great going on refashioning it from a t-shirt.

leegetscrafty said...

very hot! those loops at the back made a big difference. hope you keep sewing :)

Barb@Secondchancetodream.com said...

Mammy Made, Super Cute!!

Etcetorize said...

Pretty good?!?! Looks great! It fits you perfect. Great job. Would love for you to link up at Etcetorize.

Cassidy said...

Wow! Turned out fabulous and it is very flattering on you.


http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...