Friday, 27 July 2012

Leggings for Mammy


I made myself some leggings the other week out of material I bought at my local fabric shop in the sale they were having. The material still ended up being £10 a metre, a price I would normally laugh at and move on, but I loved this fabric so much I ended up buying some. I was originally going to make a skirt out of it but was convinced by my friend to make leggings and I have to say, I love them so much. I can definitely wear them much more as leggings than I would've been able to as skirt.

To make them I just traced around a pair of skinny jeans onto the folded material and cut, then stitched them together like in this tutorial. Obviously the only difference was that I had no side seams.

I absolutely love my new leggings so much and I wear them so often. I am really glad I decided to buy the material, even if I still think £10 for one pair of leggings is a ridiculous price :P

3 comments:

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Yep, these are cute! Sometimes we need to spend a little extra on ourselves, you deserve it. Smiles, Lori

Mike Bishop7 said...

Thank you for sharing these with us Adele,I'm amazed that you were able to make these yourself they look great! I came across your blog while I was online looking for these striped Leggings for my girlfriend that she has been obsessing over. I'm happy I did because she loves DIY projects so i think if she read this she'll definitely be inspired to try making her own. Thank you again for sharing!

★Max California said...

LOVE THESE SO MUCH! omg. they're amazing :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...