Friday, 21 December 2012

Headband Refashion


I had an old white headband from way back when and I couldn't bring myself to wear it any-more or even give it to the girls because it looked really shabby. I decided to recover it and so give it a new lease of life. I found some lovely sheer ribbon in my stash and got to work with my hot glue gun.

First, I covered each end of the headband so I could wrap the main piece and not have to worry about making sure the ends were properly covered at the same time. I just folded a piece of ribbon over each end and hot glued it in place. I held it in place with a peg on each end until completely dry.

To do the main piece, simply glue one end of the ribbon to the end of the headband at an angle, wrap the ribbon all around, overlapping as you wrap, and hot glue on the inside only to keep the front looking pretty. When you get to the other end, just cut the ribbon at an angle again, wrap it around as neatly as you can and hot glue it down.


Leave it to completely dry and there you go. Brand new headband in hardly any time at all!

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You make it sound easy, Adele. Quite a while ago, I bought myself a glue gun, but I still haven't used it. I really should give it a go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...