Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Box Bottomed Plarn Bag


I always seem to have a million plastic bags in my house. Every time I go food shopping, I mean to take my own plastic bags with me, and every time I seem to forget. So I bring home another load of plastic bags, can't bear to throw them in the bin, and so keep them. I have an ever-growing mountain with bags full in my kitchen, spare room and in various cupboards!

Enough is enough. I'm going to make as many of these plarn bags as it takes to rid my house of the many plastic bags.

To make your own, you will need:

plarn
8mm (or bigger) crochet hook

Boxed Bottomed Plarn Bag

1. ch31, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across (30)
2-9. ch1, turn, sc across (30)
10. ch1, turn, sc across long edge, working 3scs in corner st, sc across short edge, working 3scs in corner st, sc across second long edge, working 3scs in corner st, sc across second short edge, working 2scs in same st as 1st sc, join with sl st in 1st sc (82)
11-17. ch1, turn, sc around, join with sl st in 1st sc (82)
18. ch1, turn, sc3tog, sc in next 7sts, sc3tog, sc in next 28sts, sc3tog, sc in next 7sts, sc3tog, sc in next 28sts, join with sl st in top of first sc3tog (74)
19-32. ch3, turn, sk st at base of ch3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch3
33. ch1, turn, sc around, join with sl st in 1st sc (74)
34. ch1, turn, sc in next 17sts, ch 12, sk 12sts, sc in next 25sts, ch12, sk 12sts, sc in next 8sts, join with sl st in 1st sc
35. ch1, turn, sc in 9sts, work 12sts evenly around the chain, sc in next 25sts, work 12sts evenly around the chain, sc to end, join with sl st in 1st sc (74)
36-37. ch1, turn, sc around, join with sl st in 1st sc
38. bind off and weave in ends


Naomie and Boots seem to like it too :)

2 comments:

lolalin said...

Im curious....why do you decrease instead of keeping it the same all the way to the top?

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I really must learn to crochet. A fabulous way to reuse plastic bags!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...