Friday, 8 February 2013

Quick Knit Cowl


The other day I was in need of a project that worked up quickly. I've been making these socks but they are just taking sooo long. I am not the most patient person in the world and I tend to stick to projects that only take me a couple of days to finish. Like this cowl!


I absolutely love how this cowl turned out and it knit up nice and quickly! Only took me two nights to make. I knit slow aswell so an experienced knitter would probably make it in one night.

You will need:

20mm knitting needles
DK yarn
wool needle

1. Using the long tail method, cast on 30 stitches
2-47. Work in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row) until your piece is long enough to wrap twice around your neck. For me that was 46 rows, which measured about 37".
48. Bind off and stitch the two short ends together to form a loop.


Wear your new cowl with pride :)

4 comments:

Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

Okay - I love this - really!!!! I wish I could knit and crochet. I want one of these.... xxx Nat

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

This is beautiful, I'm going to make one as soon as Summer is over pinning and following you

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Oh, I love the open weave of your cowl, Adele and the colour is just gorgeous! I would love one of these for Winter, so maybe I should dig out the old knitting needles.

JL Mount-Larrivee said...

Just cannot thank you enough for this wonderful idea and pattern; I've been searching for something quick and easy...never thought I'd find something this lovely!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...