Monday, 29 April 2013

My Homegrown Vegetable Patio Garden - Week 4


My plants are doing really well! I haven't had to do much this week, other than water everything. My tomatoes haven't needed watering actually. I've been prodding the soil every day and it still feels pretty moist so I've left it. I've watered the potatoes every two days, one full watering can each which seems to be working very well for me.


My potatoes have a lot more little green shoots peeping up today! I will be ready to earth them up next week.


I thought my tomato plants would be ready to plant on by the middle of last week but they haven't quite reached the 10cm yet, so I will leave them be until they are. Hopefully by next week.


My other tomato seedlings are still growing nicely. A few of the cells have not given me any tomatoes at all, which is a shame. I planted two seeds in each cell so I was hoping I would at least get one out of each. I still have plenty to be going on with though so I am not too heartbroken about it. They need at least a few more weeks until they will be ready to be planted on.

So not too much going on here this week, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have more to share next week.

1 comment:

takeshi007 said...

Even if you do not have a huge backyard for a garden does not mean that you cannot have some fresh veggies harvested from your own patio garden. Just make sure that you get enough sun for the plants to grow and that you follow the growing directions on the seed packets.

Castlerock Landscape

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...