Monday, 5 August 2013

My Homegrown Vegetable Patio Garden - Week 15


Tons of exciting things happening this week :)


My two other potato plants have drooped, meaning they are ready to be harvested. I removed the bulk of the vine but left the potatoes buried in the soil to keep them fresh. I still haven't finished eating my first harvest so I don't want to dig all of the potatoes up and have them go off.


So much fruit on my tomato plants! I am so excited about this. I have grown tomato plants before but never got past the plant phase. They all tended to grow up and up but never flower or fruit so this is a very big thing for me :)


The leaves are quite yellow, I don't know why. Look at all that fruit though!


My smaller plants have been moved into their big pots. I did it in exactly the same way as described in this post. I just hope there is enough sun left in order for them to flower and fruit!

My seedlings have died. I don't know what I did wrong with them. They were a different variety than the ones I have that are growing so well so maybe they were simply not as good for the english weather.

1 comment:

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

Love that your garden is doing so well! I am planning on growing potatoes next year, but I was nervous because I don't know anything about potatoes. Great tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...