Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Tulle pan scrubber


I already make my own dish and cleaning cloths, but I needed something to clean my pans out. I go through an awful lot of steel wool so I wanted something washable that I could reuse over and over again. I looked around the internet for a while and the general consensus was that tulle was good for pan scrubbers. I decided to make one up. I have tons of scrap tulle in my stash so this project was free! I didn't necessarily use a pattern. I started it off like I would make a small hat, then just closed it off again. To make my tulle 'yarn', I cut some leftover tulle I had into approximately 3" strips. I didn't measure it at all, I just eyeballed it all the way down my strip. I knotted my ends of tulle together and used it as I would use normal yarn.

Tulle Pan Scrubber

You will need:

6mm crochet hook
tulle 'yarn'
wool needle with a very large eye

1. make a magic loop, ch1, work 6scs into loop, join with sl st in 1st sc (6)
2. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) work 2scs in each st around, join with sl st in 1st sc (12)
3. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) work 2scs in first st, work sc in next st, *work 2scs in next st, work sc in next st*, rep around, join with sl st in 1st sc (18)
4. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) work 2scs in first st, work sc in next 2 sts, *work 2scs in next st, work sc in next 2 sts*, rep around, join with sl st in 1st sc (24)
5. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) sc in each st around, join with sl st in 1st sc (24)
6. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts, *sc2tog, sc in next 2sts*, rep around, join with sl st in 1st sc (18)
7. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) sc2tog, sc in next st, *sc2tog, sc in next st*, rep around, join with sl st in 1st sc (12)
8. ch1, turn, (working in back loops only) sc2tog all around, join with sl st in 1st sc (6)
9. bind off and weave in ends


There you have it. A washable tulle pan scrubber. I will probably just throw this in my washing machine along with my other laundry. I have always washed tulle skirts in the washing machine and never had a problem although I definitely wouldn't risk tumble drying them.

I'm linking here:

homework    
Our Delightful Home    





2 comments:

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

I wish I could crochet because I'd love to have one of these. I've heard you can also twist & sew one together.

Jill said...

OOh! I've made these before but I like the look of your pattern better!! Pinning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...