Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Large Crochet Flower Hairclip



I wanted a quick and easy craft to make the other day while I caught up on all of my TV so I decided to make a few cute crochet flower hairclips.

They make up very quickly and look absolutely adorable. I am so pleased with them.


Crochet Flower Hairclip

You will need:
Yarn in three contrasting colours
5mm crochet hook
Scissors
Yarn needle
Button
Hot glue gun
Hairclip

1. using your first colour of yarn, make a magic loop, ch3, work 15 dcs into loop, join with sl st in top of ch3 (16)
2. ch1, do not turn, sc in same st, *ch4, sk 1st, sc in next st*, rep *-* until last st, ch4, join with sl st in 1st sc
3. ch1, do not turn, *work sc, hdc, dc, trc, dc, hdc, sc, all into one chain space*, rep *-* around, join with a sl st in 1st sc, bind off
4. join your second colour in one of the skipped stitches on round 2, ch1, sc in same st, *ch3, sc in next skipped stitch*, rep from *-* around, ch3, join with sl st in 1st sc
5. ch1, do not turn, *work sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc, all into one chain space*, rep *-* around, join with a sl st in 1st sc, bind off
6. using your third colour of yarn, make a magic loop, ch1, sc into loop, ch3, *sc into loop, ch3*, rep from *-* 4 more times, join with sl st in 1st sc
7. ch1, do not turn, *work sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc, all into one chain space*, rep *-* around, join with a sl st in 1st sc, bind off

This flower can be kept as is and sewn on to something but I decided to make some of mine into flower hairclips for my little girls to wear to school and nursery. You could stitch the flower onto a bobble or hot glue it onto a hairband.


To make your flower into a hairclip, cut a small rectangle of fleece. Hot glue the clip on to the back of your flower. Open the clip and put the fleece rectangle over one side of the clip, so it goes in between the teeth. Hot glue the rectangle down. Hold the clip open for a few minutes so the glue has chance to dry a bit.


Just look at that gorgeous cheeky face. I make such cute babies!

1 comment:

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

My kids always make cheeky faces in pictures. I didn't realize I would have to TEACH my kids how to smile like normal human beings. This turned out so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...