Wednesday, 11 December 2013

"24 Days to Christmas" Countdown - Christmas Headband Earwarmer


This year I thought it would be nice to do a Christmas countdown, showing off things I have made as gifts and ornaments either this year or in previous years. If you are wanting to make handmade gifts for your loved ones this year, then keep watching because I hope to put an awesome Christmas related tutorial or recipe up every day until Christmas Eve. Today is day 11!



Today I would like to share a Christmas Headband Earwarmer that I made for my first craft fair last month. This earwarmer is very easy to make and it takes less than an hour. I love earwarmers for my girls as they can wear them to school when they have their hair tied up and can't get their hats on.

This pattern should fit an age 2-5 years or up to about a 20" head.

I used 2 strands of DK yarn, held together, along with a 7mm crochet hook.

Gauge: The finished earwarmer should measure approx 18" around and 3" across. Make the pom poms as big or as small as you like.

Christmas Headband Earwarmer

1. ch11, hdc in 3rd ch from hook and across (10)
2-33. **work in back loops only** ch2 (counts as 1st hdc), skip st at base of ch, hdc in each st across, end with hdc in both loops of top of previous row's ch2 (10)
34. join the two short sides together to form a tube, bind off and weave in ends

Make two pom poms and attach them to the sides of the earwarmer.


I hope you all enjoyed this pattern. You can find more Christmas Countdown posts here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...